20 October 2011

More Pumpkin



             Even after making the pumpkin cookies I was still craving pumpkin so I decided to make some pumpkin butter. I had never had pumpkin butter before, but all of the recipe's I had looked up included most of the ingredients from pumpkin pie filling, and I LOVE pumpkin pie. I also love the consistency of apple butter, so it seemed like a win-win thing to make. It was very easy, and sooooo delicious. I have been eating it on toast in the morning and even put it between two pumpkin cookies to make my very own version of a fall chipwich!

Ingredients:
1 can (29 oz) pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. allspice

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium/high heat and bring to a boil.  Once it reaches a boil, lower the heat to low/medium and simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment